Tuesday 19 August 2014

Marathon for disabled

On 7th of August I participated in marathon for disabled.
It was a special project from 6th till 13th of August organized all together by 3 countries Lithuania, Latvia and Belarus. It called "Green routes without obstacles". There were about 30 disabled from this countries. They had to drive about 350 km on wheelchairs during about one week. One day they were staying in one place.
The organizators in Lithuania was Grazhute regional park. The road of the marathon was going through Zarasai and I desided to join to volunteers from Grazhute and help them.
Our main task was help to disabled to moving in hard parts of the way. Also we organized accomodation for them  - were preparing a camp with tents to sleep, making food and organizing eating place.
It was totally new experience for me. I couldn't say it was easy to do but I happy I get it and could help to guys.

 Marathon. Day in Zarasai.