Tuesday 1 April 2014

Weekend in Salakas

Last weekend I was in Salakas.
I vizited other volunteers. There are 3 volunteers stay in Salakas: Katia from Russia, Sergio from Spain and Max from France. They are working in national regional park Grazhute.
Salakas is a small vilage, 24 km far from Zarasai. There are only 500 local people lives there. It's a very nice place to rest. There are many tourists like vizit all this region in summer. I saw big camping in the forest

 
 
 As Zarasai Salakas have really beautiful nature. It is located near of Lake Luodos and is surrounded by a forest. We tooke a bicycles and rode to one of the Salakas lake. The weather also was good. It was sun all time I was there but a little bit windy. I think I a little tanned )






Also I saw local's chirch. It's looks like a castle very huge and massive. It was build in XIV century from the big solid stones.

I hope I will go to Salakas again in very close future and will find there many more interesting places. 
Salakas and other North-Easten Lithuania really nice, calm and lovely. So, I recommend all of you to visit these amazing places.